Position title: Compliance Specialist
Reports To: NASC President
Job Type: Full-time remote
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
About the National Animal Supplement Council
The NASC is the leading nonprofit trade association representing companies selling health and food supplements for dogs, cats, and horses. The NASC is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the health of companion animals and horses by developing the highest standard of quality and post-market surveillance in the industry. In pursuit of our objectives, the NASC provides quality standards and a comprehensive quality audit program for member companies to help elevate the industry and promote the health and well-being of companion animals and horses.
The NASC compliance specialist will onboard new members by conducting trainings covering NASC labeling and claims guidance, adverse event reporting, and how to implement processes and procedures within their company. Additionally, they will assist and or perform audits of companies wishing to complete the NASC Audit to ensure they comply with NASC Good Manufacturing Practices developed from 21 CFR 111 for human dietary supplements and applicable sections of 21 CFR 507 (FSMA) for animal food, NASC labeling and claims guidance, NASC Adverse Event Reporting System (NAERS™) product entries and other NASC requirements of membership.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Onboarding of New Members & Ongoing Member Support
- Conduct new member training programs as part of the onboarding process.
- Review and provide guidance to NASC Members for labeling and claims compliance.
- Manage documentation required for membership to ensure it is up to date.
- Update member content on the NASC website.
- Provide customer service and respond to inquiries and requests promptly.
- Coordinate and conduct audit reviews and observations to ensure NASC compliance requirements are met.
- Write technical reports, follow up on deficiencies, including evaluating corrective and preventive actions, and working with members to ensure satisfactory results are achieved.
- Responsible for maintaining all audit documentation.
- Assist in refining and implementing methods or procedures for auditing.
Ongoing Compliance Team Support
- Revise and update NASC guidance documents, as appropriate.
- Assist with NASC product testing programs.
- Travel to meetings as required.
- Contribute to other tactical actions and strategic objectives as a part of the NASC Team to help ensure organizational success.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for compliance and training programs.
- Participate in decisions made for establishing criteria and qualification of Preferred Suppliers.
- Manage NASC member databases for tracking current membership, compliance, and other requirements.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Industry experience with animal health products and food supplements for dogs, cats, and horses.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices and/or hazard analysis standards is desirable.
- Self-motivated person who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a team member to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Well-organized and able to work with deadlines on simultaneous multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Due to the nature of work, effective planning and scheduling abilities are critical in achieving desired results within established timeframes.
- PC skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or quality field with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Auditing experience preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in a quality or manufacturing environment.
- Works remotely in a home office.
- Some travel as required, typically less than 10%.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job: they are intended to accurately reflect those principal job elements of the position described.
Send a PDF of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29, 2024.